Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Trip USA...Day 1 - Chicken and Ribs

Well finally made it here to the US. I'm posting from a friends house in Glendora, a suburb of LA, about 40 miles from the coast. Quite nice out here, looks like the average suburban house you see in American movies. Heaps of trucks everywhere, the American kind.

My flight was not too bad, Bris to NZ was 2 hours, watched Chicken Little. 2 hour stop over in Auckland, plane left a bit late. 12 hour flight, got through it okay, nothing special, got a few hours sleep. Arrived at 1pm, Dan came and picked me up, and we went straight to get a BBQ chicken and ribs meal for lunch. Okay NOW I feel like I'm in the US. Chicken and ribs were great, with a side of gravy on rice...what the !?!

Staying at friends of AB's - Dan, Brittany and Lauren. Went to Their Church service and ended up playing drums in the youth band !!! 6 hours off the plane and I'm playing already :) It was a good night.

Just been relaxing today, didn't get much sleep last night, was still awake at 3 AM, Finally got to sleep and woke up at 11 AM. Going to a baseball game tonight, looking forward to that. Can't wait to catch up with AB.

No comments: