Thursday, June 22, 2006

Amazing Day !!! Updated with pics

The morning was pretty normal. I started planning my trip to New York, I only have 3 days, so I thought I'd figure out where I wanted to go and which day. Around lunch time Sam recieved a call from The Late Show with David Letterman - so you'll need some background info first. About 3-4 weeks ago I looked on the internet to see if I could get on the David Letterman Show while I was in New York. So I filled out the online form and waited for them to call. Nothing for the first few days, so I kinda forgot about it...until today !!!

So Sam gave the phone to me. I spoke to a woman who told me I had to call someone else and answer a trivia question about The Late Show correctly to get the tickets. So it's me, Sam, Smalls and Mez in the Smalls house. We instantly go into an excited panic, well maybe it was just me, to try and figure out how to answer the trivia question. Not being huge fans we called a few other people to help us out. Chris, Sam's mate from Day of Fire was on speaker phone to help us if we need him. So it came down to the big moment when I made the call......only to get a voice mail, dang it !!! (my fav new saying) We tried again to no avail. The third time we got through. So she first asked me how many times a week I watch the show, I said "at least twice....", obviously a blatant lie :) So then she asked me the trivia question....Now Sam had already Googled some triva questions regarding The Late Show, and they were on the laptop beside us.

"Where does Rupert Jee work?" was the trivia question that came down the phone line. "Who the what is that?" I thought to myself, so I got her to repeat the question. I stumbled a bit, so she said "It's just round the corner from the studio"

"The Deli, it's the deli" said Sam.

"The Deli", I said.

"That's correct, you've got tickets for The Late Show with Daid Letterman", she replied.

Yes Yes Yeeesssss !!!! I got my ticket, I was so stoked, I was jumping around all crazy and everything.

But that's just the start of the cool things :)

There's a moment in life when a boy becomes a man, and this was my moment......or so Bretta kept telling me. Yes that's right it was time to go shooting !!!! I have never shot a gun before, so this was my big chance. We went out the back of the place where Brett and Narn are staying. Vince Emmett who produced Main Attraction has a big property out the back of Franklin, TN. So me, Sam, Bretta, Josh and Vince's Dad went out the back to shoot some guns. We started off with a .22. They had a couple of shots before they handed the gun over to me :) I carefully lined up the target and softly put my finger on the trigger....BANG !!! The gun went off. I was surprised by how easy it was to pull the trigger.




We ended up shooting 4 different guns, my favourite was the pump action shootgun, baby that was cool! First shot had small pellets in it, the second was a slug, and I felt that thing kick when I shot it. It put a hole the plank of wood I was aiming at :)





Last but not least to finish off the night, we bought some fire crackers, and set them off in the dark. Heaps of different ones, including rockets, my personal fav. It was like we were little kids, I had a great time. I don't know why they are banned in Australia.

Well that finishes off an awesome day. Watching Australia play Croatia tomorow, I really hope we get up, it would be amazing to get to the next round of the World Cup.

Go Australia !!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our little boy is all grown up !!!! Great to hear that you are having "GOOD TIMES" I know that God is really blessing you.

Love Dad an Mum XXXXX

Anonymous said...

hasta la vista baby

Anonymous said...

Hey! That's awesome! Will you find out what day the show will be aired? Try and get on TV so I can look for you! --- So I've shot a gun before and well, to be honest, I didn't think it was all that great. I don't even know what kind it was maybe like a Rifle. I guess I'm just a little too girlie for guns! lol Talk to ya later!
-Amber

Anonymous said...

David Letterman eh, he's ok, not as comic as Conan O'Brien!! I reckon you'd love that show if you haven't already seen him, he's got it down. If you want to get on tv yell out something like "yeah go Conan", haha.
Simon R