Saturday, June 03, 2006

Busy...Busy...Busy !

Been very busy with AB the last few weeks. We are currently staying near a city called San Louis Obispo, about 4 hours North of LA. We are driving out to Vail, Colorado tomorrow and staying there a few nights (I think). It will be an all day drive, but we will be stopping in Las Vegas for an hour or 2 to have a look around and get some lunch. Swanny and I haven't been to LV yet, so we are really looking forward to it.

A few cool things have happened since my last post. Unfortunately I haven't had much of a chance to get access to a computer, so I'll give you some short details here.

2 weeks ago...
We headed down to San Diego Zoo. Our friends in LA Chris and Kym and their kids Kylie and CJ came down with us for the day. We started off with a train ride down the Californian coast to San Diego. I kinda reminded me of Kingscliff, nice beaches with small coastal towns every once in a while. The zoo itself was pretty big with a great variety of animals. Top mentions go to the Pandas, Polar Bears and the Apes. All very cool. So yeah we had a great day cruising round there.

Earlier this week...
I went to Disneyland !!!! About 8 of us went to Disneyland for the day, and we all went for free !!! One of the people we were staying with knows someone, who knows someone that works there, so we were able to get in for free. Sam Hatch has been to Disneyland 5 times, and has never paid the entry fee, how's that! Nothing like free entry to the greatest theme park on Earth. It was everything I ever dreamed of. Most of us reverted back to a child like state for the day (Swanny was already at the child like state). It was great having Matt, Mary and Isaac there. Man he is a cool kid, he was good the whole day, like for 10 hours.

So went spent the day at Disneyland and California Adventure Park, which is another theme park next to Disneyland, but it has more thrill kind rides. Best ride at Disneyland was Space Mountain, which is a really fast Rollercoaster, except it is inside, so your going really fast in pitch black...it was really cool. I also got a photo with Mickey Mouse, which sounds lame, but I thought it was cool. Swanny and I had a good time cheering at the girl who played Ariel (The Little Mermaid) in the Disney Parade. She gave us big smiles, a few cheeky waves, and blew us a kiss...she was prety hot...for a Mermaid ;) We stayed for the fireworks at night also, so it was about 12 hours actually at the park and about 14 hours all together for the day. I'm so glad I got to make it to Disneyland, it really made my trip.

Yesterday...
We left LA, and the people we were staying with. They have been so great to us and it has been awesome staying with them. We stayed at 3 different houses, and each family has been awesome to stay with and spend time with. We had a couple of BBQ's and a few Boys Pizza and Poker nights. The band will see them in a few months again, but I won't, so I will miss them. They welcomed me back anytime, so I would love to take up that opportunity.

But now a big drive tomorrow...actually I have to get up in 4 hours, so I better get to bed. It's a bummer I haven't been able to put up more info. But I guess that's what happens when your a fully fledged road dog on tour with a band :) I will try and put some of my holiday pics up somewhere, watch out for a link.

Time for bed
Peace Out!

No comments: